1. Do you have a favorite kind of music? I don’t actually. I have music that I love to listen to, but it changes so frequently. I like to listen to lots of things. Music is a form of expression for me and it’s something that I find thrilling. I listen to classical, pop, punk, rock, country (to name a few). Music speaks to me, so I listen to all of it.
2. What song is currently stuck in your head? ‘Just Give Me a Reason’ by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess. It’s been playing on the radio a lot when I go out with the boy and it’s very good. I also really like Nate Ruess
3. Are their song lyrics that you find yourself connecting to a bad time in your life? “Back to the sun/ Back to the shore/ Back to what I was before/ Back where I’m known/ back in my own very small pond/ Laugh with my friends/ when I arrive/ We’ll drop the top and just drive/ that’s fine with me/ Just let me be/ Legally Blonde” This song is form the musical Legally Blonde, it’s sung after Elle gets hit on by Callahan and starts to leave. It is a heart breaking song, one i immediately latched on to after my break up last year. I played it on rep
4. Did you ever play an instrument? I played the clarinet for ten years, starting in elementary school and finishing up with a year in college. I also picked up piano senior year of high school and have been fiddling around with it ever since.
5. Were you ever in a band? Not a garage band, but school bands? Yes. I was in my elementary school band, my middle school concert band, my high school concert band, my high school MARCHING BAND, and one year of college marching band.
6. Do you find that music helps in certain situations or hurts? Music, for me at least, helps no matter what. You just have to find the right music.
7. What’s the first album you remember owning? The Pokemon television soundtrack.
8. Musicals: Yay or Nay? YAY! YES! I love musicals, was in them in middle school, and have always loved a good show.
9. Does music inspire you? All the time. Usually to write
10. Theme music for a show that you still remember from when you were a kid. The As Told by Ginger theme music.
11. Last song you listened to? I’m Alive sung by Aaron Tveit