A friend of mine has been doing a thankful post a day for each day of the month. I think I shall do twenty three things/ groups/ items/ happenstances I am thankful for. (twenty three days so far in this month.)
1. I am thankful for my family. I have a mother, father, brother, grandparents, and three cats. (There is more to the family than that, but now is not the time for the complexities that are my family’s issues with one another). I am thankful that they not only care for me, pay for my education, and keep me in the state of living which I have become accustomed to, but because they love me. Even my seventeen year old brother tells me he loves me. I am so thankful for all the things they have taught me and all the things they give for me. I love them.
2. I am thankful for my three very amazing, awesome, super special apartment mates. Now, as I will tell, I only really like two of my apartment mates. The third… is kind of a bitch. so why do I mention three here? Because there is … sort of a third? he’s there a lot and he’s been a great friend and we all love him to pieces and you know who you are. To my actual two roommates, I can’t believe how lucky I am to have you both in my life. I am truly blessed. I am thankful that you all put up with my bitching and whining and complaining and mood swings and that drama that follows me. To show my thanks, I’m making dinner this week. And making you tea!
3. I am thankful for Mouse. Mouse is my cat. Not mine… but she is ours, my apartment mates and I’s. She came into our lives ina tumultuous time and she is a beacon of crazy that I love. MOUSE, MOMMY LOVES YOU!!!!!
4. I am thankful for my beds, both at my apartment and at home. I love beds. I do my best writing and plotting in beds. Beds are also very comfortable and allow me to sleep. Sleep is wonderful. Thank you beds, I am so thankful I can fall into you and you’ll hug me with your warmth.
5. I am thankful for a very special man in my life. Not only did he swoop in when I was at my lowest point, he’s been there ever since. He is amazing and so sweet to me. He listens and does his very best to make me smile. I am thankful that he is in my life because he reminds me that I am a good person, that I am cute, and that I am amazing.
6. I am thankful for tea in the night time, the non caffeinated variety. It has really helped with my stress levels as of late and really keeps me more stable. I am also thankful that it is just so darn tasty.
7. I am thankful for my new gal pal. Anonymous blog, no names mentioned, but she’s such a sweetheart. She is a lot like me and, coincidentally, we met up because we both dated the same stupid guy. We’re awesome and she is, without a doubt, some one I am very thankful for.
8. I am thankful for books. If you can’t tell, I am a bibliophile. I have a serious book reading addiction. I am thankful that I can find them, read them, reread them and love them.
9. I am thankful for coffee in the mornings. Coffee, you delightful creature. You help me get out of bed, into my skinny jeans and out into the world. You encourage me to keep moving, keep going all the time. Thank you
10. I am thankful for my health. Despite the colds, seasonal affective disorder and other odds and ends problems, I am in relatively good health. I am thankful for it and I am happy to be able to get out of bed and do what I need to do.
11. I am thankful for my kids. I did not get pregnant and physically birth these children, but I am attached to my pre-schoolers and to many of the kids I babysit. I am so thankful that they bring such light into my life. I don’t know where I’d be without them. Certainly I wouldn’t be at college….
12. I am thankful for birth control, specifically the nuva ring. NOT because I sleep around and hate taking the pill. Because I had surgery on my thumb when I was eighteen and the surgery stopped my period and the nuva ring started it back up again and now regulates it and stops my periods from sending me to the hospital. YAY!
13. I am thankful for my friends from home. I don’t know who will read this, if any, but I love you all. Seriously, I could not have made it this far without you.
14. I am thankful for my friends at school. While I was quite the introvert freshmen year, I now have a great group of people who I know I can count on for anything.
15. I am thankful for my ex boyfriend who taught me how to shoot. I’m pretty sure he looks back on it now and thinks… why did I teach her how to use another deadly weapon? What on earth was I thinking? I am a pretty decent shot too. Not great, but I can definitely hit where I am. Should I need the skill, I now have it. On the other hand, I feel like at this point, that’s all I can be thankful for from him. He was an asshole.
16. I am thankful for hot showers. No explanation needed because hot showers are so amazing.
17. I am thankful for my laptop. Not just because it’s a bitchin’ piece of technology, but because I don’t intentionally abuse, but I do. I am thankful it continues to boot up everyday and let me go about my daily life online. Thank you!
18. I am thankful for BBC and their wonderful programming. Seriously, you guys write an amazing show. WELL DONE! Doctor Who, Torchwood, Merlin… seriously, you kick ass at this.
19. I am thankful for being legal to drink. I am legal so now I don’t feel terrible about drinking. I enjoy a hard cider or two with friends. It’s wonderful.
20. I am thankful for my college education. Without it, I’d have much less of a future. I’d have much less of a life. Thank you.
21. I am thankful for New York City. You give me something to dream about on these cold winter nights. I dream of wandering your well walked streets until I find the pulse of the city.
22. I am thankful for the stability of my companions. You are all always there for me in some capacity, shape or form. My life is erratic and my heart is so crazy that I simply must thank you for existing.
23. I am thankful for YOU! All of you! My followers, fellow bloggers, wonderful amazing fantastic effing people. I love you all beyond words.