Here’s the deal. I will answer eleven questions each day on a topic of my choosing. You (my lovely followers) are free to ask more questions in the comments that I would be happy to answer. No repeating questions, no repeating topics.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! (or questions rather…)
1. What is your future career choice? Do you have more than one? Why did you choose it? Technically I have about five career options for my future. If we’re going by the degree I’m going to get at college, then I will be an elementary school teacher of some form. My degree is for teaching pre K through fourth grade and in a year (JUST ONE YEAR) I’ll have that in my hand. I chose it because I really like kids and teaching seemed to be a very logical next step in the scheme of things. That being said, there is another I could do with my degree. I could be a nanny, a full time nanny. Again, my degree would put me at an advantage because I have the experience and I am good with kids. If I were to go back to school, I’d kind of like to get a degree so I could be a librarian. I love books and I love helping people get books and find things they like. I would rather enjoy being surrounded by books all day. Speaking of books, career option number four is a writer. I have never had anything published and it is a a very far off dream but I would love to have something published before I die. I like to write and it’s something of a lasting imprint. Final career option is to be a mother. Some people wouldn’t necessarily call it a career, but I think of it as one of the most rewarding things. I will be a mother one day, in addition to one of the above careers as well. Kids are what make me happy and to have my own kids with a man I love is something of a perfect dream. Even with the no sleeping.
2. Where do you think you’ll live in the next five years? I think I will end up somewhere much like I was raised, a township with good school, somewhere in suburbia. As much as I love New York City, I don’t think it would be a place I’d want to constantly live. I like simplicity, somewhere with a bookshop or coffee shop, somewhere with playgrounds and street lights. Somewhere I could call home
3. Quick! You’ve just time traveled into the future! What’s the one thing you’d like to see that has happened to society? Personally, I’d like to see acceptance. We judge, as humans often do, so many things. We judge those we do not understand or those we think are wrong. We just those who do not conform to the ‘norms’ of society. I would like to see acceptance in the future. Acceptance of religions without pushing your own onto someone else, acceptance of sexuality without saying ‘they’ll grow out of it’, acceptance of body type without calling someone fat, acceptance of everyone and everything. Feel the love guys. (that was a really sappy and personal post)
4. What will you do on this upcoming Saturday night? What about next Saturday in a year? In five years? This specific Saturday in 2013, I will probably be at the beach with my boy and wonderful friend Pretty in Pink (BTW she just graduated!). We will be drinking and laughing and playing silly games most likely. In a Saturday in a year, 2014, I will probably still be trying to figure out how I graduated and be moving out of my house into a new place or back into my house or into an apartment or something. I’ll also be begging for my nanny job back because it is a sweet deal. On a Saturday in May in (counts on fingers) 2018, I would like to be married or engaged, maybe pregnant. For my teaching job, pre schoolers, I would be thinking of lessons to end out the year and thinking of the beach vacation I’d like to take.
5. Name six tv shows, books, or video games that are coming out soon that you cannot wait for. Season three of Sherlock because the Reichenbach Falls was quite possibly the most traumatic thing for me to watch ever. The 50th anniversary special for Doctor Who because DAVID TENNANT IS COMING BACK AND SO IS BILLIE PIPER!!!!!! They are my favorite. Arkham Origins because umm well, I loved the first two games and this one looks to be fantastic as well. The Sims 4 because sims are fantastic and I love playing with them and if my laptop didn’t suck so much, I would still be playing with them…. Pokemon X and Y because I have a serious love for those games. I like pokemon, always will. They just make me feel like a little kid. As for books… I am unsure what to put here, the majority of the series I have read are finished up and I am curious to see where I will go next in search of book. As always, I await John Green’s next novel, what ever it may be.
6. What do you think your great great great grandmother (or grandfather) would have to say about the present (their future)? I get the feeling my great great grandmother, who was part Native American, would tell me that I either needed to put on more clothes or to not take any shit from anyone. From the stories I’ve heard, my great great grandmother was something of a minor bad ass in her time. I also think she would be impressed at how far women have come in today’s society.
7. What technological advances are you looking forward in the future? The green person in me says sustainable energy. It’s the way of the future. I think that someday, we’ll all be hooked up to it and the dependency on fossil fuels will lesson greatly, therefore making us a greener place. (Yes, I like green). I am alos looking forward to flying cars. Why? Because flying cars are awesome.
8. Utopian futuristic society or Dystopian futuristic society? Which do you think is more likely? Can one survive without the other? With all the horrifying dystopian movies that are coming out, I have to believe that we are headed int hat direction. The hopeful person in me desperately wants a Utopian society. But then again, can the world truly be perfect? Could we possibly achieve a place so peaceful and safe? What would the sacrifices be?
9. Name something you hate about the future. The inevitability of change. While I know change is good, I hate not quite knowing where I am going next.
10. What name do you hope will be popular in the future? With all the people who read for a living, I hope that many literary names become prominent. Names Like Agustus, Hazel, Harry, Hermione, Arya, Daenerys, and the like.
11. Speaking of the future, what are you going to do next? My bet is probably continue to sit in bed and browse the interwebs, make lunch, and do laundry and the dishes